2014 Northland Spring Workshop
Join us on April 2nd for a great professional development opportunity and chance to network with other camp and youth development professionals. The event will run from 9:30 AM to 3:00 PM at YMCA Camp Ihduhapi and feature a number of breakout sessions. Speaker information and full session descriptions will be available online closer to the event. However, a preview of offerings is noted below.
Planned Session Topics
- Don't Worry About Anxiety: Practical Strategies For Supporting Individuals With Anxiety
- Teaching Staff to Use the Mindset Principles Based on the Book Mindset.
- International Staffing- Staying Compliant with Changes, the New Visa Process, Insurance, etc.
- Working With Kids Who Are Transgender
- No Money, No Problem: Camp Programming on a Budget
- Crisis and Risk Management
A full day of learning, including lunch, is $25.00for ACA Northland Members and $35.00 for non-members. Groups registering more than three individuals will be receive a $5/person discount. CLICK HERE to register.
Wanted: Staff Training Opportunities
Are you planning a staff training opportunity or certification course that may be of interest to other camps? Interested in sharing the costs? If yes, consider sharing the information with ACA, Northland members. Appropriate information will be shared on our website, Facebook page and in newsletters. Please contact Maria Schugel email@example.com with the information.
Your Local Council of Leaders continues to recognize the value of high quality professional development opportunities for our members and camps. Because of this, we will once again be offering rebates for members and or camps that will be attending the Midstates Camping Conference or ACA's National Conference.
- ACA Northland member camps are eligible for a rebate up to $175.00 after attending one of the two conferences
- ACA Northland members registering individually are eligible for a rebate up to $75.00 after attending one of the two conferences
Rebates are available on a first come, first serve basis. ACA Northland is committed to awarding up to $2000.00 in total rebates. If demand exceeds this amount, we will award the rebates based on registration dates...so sign up early! Camps and individuals who attend both conferences, will only be eligible for one rebate.
What you need to do:
It's simple, just register for the conference of your choice and then fill out THIS FORM and return it using the contact information on the form. Rebates will be issued in late spring.
To learn more about Midstates Camping Conference and register, visit http://www.acamidstates.org
Visit ACA Northland's website: www.acacamps.org/northland
"Like" the ACA Northland facebook page : www.facebook.com/acanorthland
This email was sent to: contact.emailaddress1account.emailaddress1
This email was sent by: American Camp Association
5000 State Road 67 North, Martinsville, IN, 46151, USA.